Well, this is being written on the plane. We had to leave our cottage by 10:00, so we stayed until the absolute last minute. Then we took our bucket of reject shells down to the beach and released them back into the water (*sniff*). There were already quite a few people on huge beach, compared to how it had been all week. By quite a few people, I think there were about 10....usually we had the beach to ourselves except for maybe two others sitting in beach chairs!
A quick peruse through a couple of shops, and then onto the causeway that carries you back to Fort Myer. Ben wanted to play Miniature Golf so we stopped at one along the way that looked a little challenging. But who was trying to compete? I was more than a little rusty but it did start coming back to me. Ben and Jacky must have cheated because they ended up in the stockade.
I think Ben and Maggie play a little more than we do. It was a little humid out there though.
I've never seen a miniature golf course with a boardwalk on it.
You have to jump your ball over this or you end up in the moat. I actually caught Ben's red ball as it is clearing the water. Look close!
Couldn't resist this sign ;)
This was set up as a Medieval castle and there was a good view of the castle grounds for this hole.
Would you believe it, Jacky actually won and I came in last...I told everyone winner had to buy lunch so that's what he did. We were getting short on time so we settled for Denny's.
Time for flying out. The flight was good, a little bumpy. We picked up Anna and a couple of her friends and had supper at Schlochsky's. Uli joined us for the ride home. The dogs were very happy to see us!
So now all that is left is memories, and the hives I now have all over my body from the bug bites (?). I hope to return when the Nat'l Parks are open!






I loved this last Blog of your wonderful trip to Florida!!!! Looks like a great minature golf course too!! Good job, Lori!!
ReplyDelete